I have researched and Googled for tips on how to be a good homeschooled student, but a lot of the links I found were basically geared for parents on how to homeschool your children successfully. I think that for parents, it is hard enough to get you guys in a routine at home to do school work, so some of you might want to take this opportunity to help yourself in becoming a great homeschooler!!
My boys have done online learning for the past 4 years. At first it was very hard to get them into a routine and be diligent about sticking to their schedule, but eventually it just clicked. I had made them an agenda, got them into a routine, and they finally were able to get themselves on track.
It’s not easy and it takes a lot of hard work but after you get into your own routine you will feel different. How you ask? You will feel more independent, self-confident, and overall it will be rewarding. You have the power to help educate yourself and take control of your life.
In the long run you will see so many benefits to doing the work on your own and using your online teachers to guide you. Just think of this as a step in preparing you for college or online distance learning with whatever route you choose to go on.
You can do this! I am here to help you if you have any questions or concerns! I have faith in you all!
Here are some tips that can help you through:
- Set your alarm clock. Not too early though! Get your sleep in and remember, you can make your own schedule as long as you make one!
- Keep a routine. Get yourself going the same way everyday. Set your alarm, make your bed, brush your teeth, get dressed, and be positive. Everyday is a new day for you to be successful at everything!
- Write down a schedule for yourself. If you don’t know where to start, I can help you. I will be following up on how to get organized with your academic schedule.
- Pace yourself. You are not in a rush but you need to keep going on a steady pace.
- Set your hours. How many assignments and subjects do you have? Ask your teacher for a pacing guide. This will help you determine how much time you have to get an assignment done.
- Don’t get overwhelmed. Take a deep breath. Don’t panic. You are not alone and you can definitely do this.
- Lastly, use the internet to help you! You have the world at your fingertips! Everything you need to know is right there in front of you! Take advantage of every resource that is provided to you.
I am here if you need help. Post comments on here and I will check back daily.